Reticella (also called Reticello) started as a form of drawn thread embroidery. Some fabric threads were removed, both horizontally and vertically. The boundaries of the cut areas would be stabilized in various ways with: satin stitching, 4 sided stitch, Italian hemstitch or square edging stitch. Then diagonal threads would be laid in to help keep the holes in the fabric from becoming too large or stretching, and then the holes would be filled with fancy stitching.
The elaborate geometric patterns displayed in Reticella lace can make doilies and runners look extravagant! Exquisite handmade Linen doily comes in 6 Ecru sizes & 9 White sizes.
It is All in the Details, the accent embroidery expertly done so that frontside and backside are precisely the same, with the same amount of care and precision.
- Made of 100% Linen
- Hand made Reticella Lace needle stitched.
- Embroidery details hand needle stitched on both sides reversible.
- Oval sizes : 12″x18″
- Oval Runners : 16″x36″, 16″x54″
- Limited quantities available.
- Vintage Ecru colour.
- All measurements are approximate with a variance of 5-10% or more deviance.
- Precise dimensions can be available upon request.
- Hand wash only. NO Dryer.